State Apiary Inspectors

Somethings wrong with my hive.  What do I do?

Apiary Inspection services are provided by the NC Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services (NCDA&CS), Plant Industry Division, Plant Protection Section, Apiary Services.

The state apiary inspectors are there to help us maintain happy, healthy bees.  When things go wrong or when you need to have some expert advice, call your local inspector and schedule a visit.

In Surry County and surrounding areas, our apiary inspector is
Gregory Fariss. He can be reached by phone at (336) 671-2883 or by email at

Visit the Apiary Services web site for details of the services provided, regulations, and recommendations about beekeeping.